Monday 21 October 2013

06/10/2013: The Game

Today is the reason for this trip - the Dallas Cowboys versus the Denver Broncos. The day is fine and sunny.

I took a taxi out to the stadium which can be seen in the distance about 15 minutes before I arrive there. The stadium is HUGE !!! I bought a game program and *game day* t-shirt. I also ordered a *My First Cowboys Game* certificate from guest services.

I located my seat which is on the visitors side of the stadium on the 10 yard line. The Dallas Cowboys enter to fireworks and loud music. The Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders also do a routine. The National Anthem was performed by trumpeter Freddie Jones.

 The first two touchdowns were scored down my end of the field. The stadium's TV screen is used to pump up the crowd especially on third down and when defense was needed by Dallas.

Both quarterbacks are playing really well and combined for over 900 yards. Lots of points are being scored.

With 2 minutes left to play the score is locked at 48 all and it looks like the game will go into overtime.

Dallas quarterback throws the ball and it is intercepted by Denver. Denver quarterback, Peyton Manning, drives Denver down the field. Denver attempts a field goal - is it long and straight and true. Denver win with a final score of 51 points to 48 points. Dallas loses a close game - HEARTBREAK !!!

I would have preferred a different result but I will never forget the experience of a such a great game. Both teams played really well and it was well worth seeing !!!

PHOTO GALLERY

Dallas Cowboys logo


Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders



No comments:

Post a Comment