Friday 25 October 2013

17/10/2010: Santa Monica

Another perfect day with a gentle breeze.

My breakfast did not arrive as the order form was still on the door in the morning. I ring Room Service and told them about the order form. They apologised and I told them that it is not something that I expect from the Hilton hotel.

I take a taxi into the Starlines Tour depot and collect my ticket for the 48 hour Hop-On-Hop-Off bus and Madame Tussauds.

I take the 9:00AM Red Route bus to Stop 7 and transfer to the Yellow Route. The driver stops a few times to tell us about things along the way including a hill we are going to travel down. He even stops to buy himself some water.

I got off at the Santa Monica pier. I had lunch at Bubba Gumps and the food was delicious. I went for a walk along the beach.

I spend the rest of the afternoon travelling the Yellow Route looking at the sights and absorbing it all in.

I arrive back at the hotel to find a bowl of fruit (grapes; apple; orange; pears) and a hand written apology over the *confusion* with breakfast.

PHOTO GALLERY

Russell Crowe


Charlize Theron


Halle Berry


The Laugh Factory


The entrance to Santa Monica Pier


The hills around Santa Monica


Another view of Santa Monica Pier










No comments:

Post a Comment