Friday 25 October 2013

19/10/2013 to 21/10/2013: Hot dogs, Rock stars and coming home

It is another beautiful day and I have my final meal at the hotel of porridge; orange juice and coffee.

I check out of the hotel and leave my bags at the hotel to be collected before I leave for the airport later in the day.

I spend the rest of the day travelling the Yellow and Red Routes of the Hop-On-Hop-Off service and visit:

Pink's Hot Dogs: I have a *Planet Hollywood Dog* which consists of a spicy sausage; mushrooms; bacon and melted cheese. YUMMY !!!

*Walk of Fame*: I buy some final souvenirs and take more photos.

Guitar Center and *Rock Walk*: I take some photos and buy myself a Fender Guitars t-shirt.

Later in the afternoon I go back to the hotel to collect my bags and wait for the shuttle transfer to the airport.

The shuttle trip is uneventful till we arrive at the airport. The road into the airport is blocked by police cars and fire engines. Smoke can be seen on the road ahead of us. Our driver decides to back up and then the road ahead is cleared and I make it to check-in with plenty of time to spare. I check-in and get my boarding pass and proceed to Security.

There is a Panda Express store so I have a meal of noodles; orange chicken and honey walnut shrimp. I wash it all down with Gatorade.

I proceed to the departure gate to discover our flight has been delayed because of a delay to another QANTAS flight and we have to wait for their passengers to catch our flight.

We eventually leave 90 minutes late. We finally arrive in Sydney an hour late. I clear Customs quickly and go to the bus stop for Murrays buses. The bus is 15 minutes late. The trip back to Canberra is really smooth. I get a taxi to take me home where I unpack and have a good sleep.

It feels good to be back home after such a long but exciting trip.

VIDEO

Below is a link to a video I created of my trip to Los Angeles. I hope you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ww3I0qM1p4

PHOTO GALLERY

Pink's Hot Dogs


Peter Frampton


The entrance to the *Rock Walk*


Images form Rock Walk















No comments:

Post a Comment