Tuesday 22 October 2013

11/10/2013: Leaving Dallas

Today was cloudy and overcast but there was no sign of rain.

I used the computer in the hotel's business centre to google the walking directions to the Dallas Aquarium and the walking time was 10 minutes. I walked to the aquarium past federal buildings and *Belo Park*.

The aquarium is located in two former warehouses. There is a rainforest and waterfall separating the two buildings.

I saw giant otters; penguins; sharks; green anaconda; monkeys; tropical birds; and fish from South Australia and Lord Howe Island.

After checking out of the hotel, I had lunch in the hotel's bar and downed a couple of beers and ate a *pulled pork* sandwich for lunch.

I was picked up in a black GMC Suburban - I felt like a *rock star*. I checked in at the airport and had to pay US$60 to put my two bags on the airplane. The flight was delayed by an hour because the airplane had not arrived in time.

I went for a walk before the flight and found a Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop. I decided to buy some more Cowboys merchandise as this would possibly be the last opportunity I had to stock up on before I left America.

The flight eventually left Dallas and I arrived in Los Angeles. After arriving in Los Angeles, I took a taxi to the Beverly Hilton where I was staying for the next part of my trip.

PHOTO GALLERY

A black GMC Suburban similar to the transfer shuttle in Dallas


A United Airlines CRJ-700 similar to the one I flew in from Dallas to Los Angeles


VIDEO

Below is a link of a video I created of my trip to Dallas. I hope you like it.






No comments:

Post a Comment