Tuesday 22 October 2013

10/10/2013: Texas State Fair

I hate to say it but it is another perfect day - fine and sunny.

I took the DART Green Line to Fair Park Station and part of the trip went through Baylor Medical Center.

I spent US$17 to attend the Texas State Fair. The first exhibit was the Auto Show because Texans love their motor vehicles. The show had the latest model trucks; SUVs; and sports cars. I sat in a couple of cars even though I do not drive.

I ate lots of *junk food* including: corn dogs; candy floss; and deep fried red velvet cupcake. The last dish was actually quite tasty and very yummy. Much better than it sounds.

I watched a performance of local band - The Killdares - on the Dr Pepper stage in front of the Cotton Bowl stadium. The band includes: drums; bass; guitar; bagpipes; and fiddle. 2013 marks the 14th anniversary of the band playing at the Fair. The band play what can be best described as *Celtic Rock* via Texas. After their show I bought a DVD and CD by the band.

I left the Fair just before sundown after a great day.

After I got back from the fair, I confirmed my pick up from Los Angeles airport and the pick up time for my first tour in Los Angeles.

PHOTO GALLERY

*Big Tex* at the Fair


Deep fried red velvet cupcake


Roberta Rast of *The Killdares*


The *Killdares* entertain the crowd


Matt Willis on the bagpipes


More *Killdares*







No comments:

Post a Comment